Supervision Skills for Managers training
Solution Focused Supervision Skills for Managers, an in-house course available as one and two day courses.
“Really excellent and relevant course. I have become aware of many more useful tools e.g. scaling and reframing (I now have a well equipped toolbox!) Excellent and relaxed presentation and delivery by facilitator. Well paced and entertaining”.
Joanne Warmington, Team Manager, Thames Reach Bondway. London
“Working from a positive stance, building on strengths; empowering workers; reframing negative aspects of behaviour”.
Wendi Ogle-Welbourn, Head of Service, Cambridgeshire County Council
Staff Supervision is enhanced by the language of the Solution Focused model with its respectful and collaborative approach.
The Solution Focused Supervision course, offered by the Consultancy, encourages those supervising staff to create an opportunity to improve people’s effective work behaviour; to focus personal, team and organisational development; to achieve better outcomes, and to help staff see their part in this structure.
Using the language of the Solution Focused (deShazer) approach, the Manager helps staff to get a whole picture of their role, encourages an awareness of existing strengths and resources and encourages a new viewing of problem areas – raising confidence in abilities which is instrumental in bringing about further success.
“Fantastic training – would recommend to anyone supervising people”
Felix Kupay, Housing Officer, Solihull MBC
As with Solution Focused coaching or mentoring – the Supervisor is able to create an atmosphere of positive examination which generates opportunity for a further examination of what works, what doesn’t work and what needs to change.
The training gives Managers an increased understanding and knowledge of:
- Meeting the Mindset – utilising the unique thinking style of the individual
- Reframing – offering staff a new view of themselves and their skills
- Scaling – for assessment and measuring of feelings and small step actions
- Future Talk -looking at and talking about the day after change has been achieved
- Visuals – simple, effective tools to map out change
An empowering approach that helps staff to:
- Be more aware of their significance in influencing situations
- Be more aware of their skills and resources
- Assess wherever they are “stuck”
- Discover which of their current strategies work for them
- Utilise their inherent skills and coping mechanisms
- Map out what, if any, change needed
- Identify who can do what to help change take place.
“I really enjoyed the style of training. Eileen and Mawuli kept my attention throughout”
Dee Anderson, Social Worker, Bordesley Green, Birmingham
The training combines the Solution Focused Model devised by (Steve de Shazer ’85) with the visuals of the Examine, Repair & Move On (Eileen Murphy ’93).
For further information about this course, please contact us Tel: 07779 242 289 or email: